September 29, 2008

Easy Chicken & Wild Rice Soup


The weather is finally starting to get a little bit cooler down here at the threshold of hell, a.k.a. the South. Much to my family's dismay, that means my obsession with soup is back. Poor guys.

Chicken & Wild Rice Soup is a snap to make. You can easily cook up a batch in 30 minutes. It is great served with a nice green salad and some crusty bread.


Chicken & Wild Rice Soup


I box Long Grain and Wild Rice (I prefer Zatarain's)

1 small onion, diced
2 carrots, diced
2 ribs celery, diced
1-1 1/2 c. cooked chicken, diced
2 Tbs. flour
1 1/2 quarts chicken stock

1/2 c. heavy cream

Pour the wild rice mix into a large pot. Add the amount of water specified on the box.


Add the onion, carrot and celery. Stir to combine. Cover and cook until rice is done and vegetables are tender.


Add the cooked chicken.


Add the flour and stir to combine. Allow the mixture to cook for a minute or two.


Add the chicken stock and the cream. Allow the soup to simmer for a few minutes until the soup is heated through.

3 comments:

Kim H. said...

My goodness - that looks amazing!!

brandy101 said...

looks good - does this taste anything like Paneras Chicken Wild Rice soup? That is one of my faves. I will have to try this!

Holly said...

Oooo--this looks so tasty! And easy to make, too!! Thank you for sharing, Amy.